[Debtags-devel] Rejected Debtags Patch

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:16:50 UTC 2005

Hi Benjamin,
> I have no knowledge about MTAs so it might be a misconfiguration (or no
> configuration at all) on my side. However the failure message makes me
> believe, that this has something to do with a overactive spamfilter (yes
> I do connect to the internet with a dynamic IP).

Not accepting emails from dynamic IPs is a rather effective spam
filter, and quite commonly used nowadays. Users of dynamic IPs should
use a mail relay - e.g. the one by their provider.
They need to have an email provider anyway, since they can't recieve
email directly on the dynamic IP.

So what you need to do is to setup your local mail server to use your
email relay for outgoing email, sorry. This may of course change once
we moved the central database to alioth.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\