[Debtags-devel] New [related] link in search.cgi

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 18 14:46:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

On private mail one visitor suggested me to add a [related] link to the
package list that would start a new search with the package name.

What he was doing was searching the package name instead of keywords;
that would indeed match the package at least, bring the package's tags
in the 'Wanted' taglist and show other packages with same tags.

I hadn't realized that this would work, but it seems that it would!

It would be interesting, in that case, to score the tags by 'relevance'.
I think TFIDF[1] could be used to say how relevant is a tag for a package
compared to the rest of the collection.  Anyone would like to
experiment?

[1]
http://archimedes.fas.harvard.edu/presentations/2002-03-09/img13.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tf-idf