[Debtags-devel] New [related] link in search.cgi

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 18 18:32:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:20:53AM -0500, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > What he was doing was searching the package name instead of keywords;
> > that would indeed match the package at least, bring the package's tags
> > in the 'Wanted' taglist and show other packages with same tags.
> This sounds like what is referred to as "related" search to me (with a
> distance of 0).

Almost.  When packages have a large number of tags, only the first 6 (in
alphabetical order, probably) will be considered.  Which is a bit of a
random criteria.

> Nevertheless, it might be a good idea to implement this. But it should
> be implemented using the related search.
> Note that as I pointed out in [1] I think that the term "related" is
> misleading, because the search is for similar and not related packages.

You're right.  When you wrote you the first time I thought you were
right as well, but I've never got out of the habit :(
Now I changed it to 'similar'.

I also javascripted a bit the edit page, and now hiding a facet box is
instantaneous.  Yay!  That's a first step towards getting me into
Ajax...  Let's hope for the best.

Ciao,

Enrico who doesn't want to see any "doesn't work with browser X" that
doesn't come with a patch :)

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>