[Debtags-devel] Protocols patch, complete

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Sat Nov 19 03:05:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

isn't it great when only one guy is doing the work. Now there is at
least one consistent part in the vocabulary ;-)

Anyways, great work! Didn't read everything though, but it looks good.

A note towards tagging guidelines: Enrico, you said, that you'd prefer
to have tagging hints in the vocabulary itself. Mostly I agree with you,
however there is some information that should be displayed only for
tagging. E.g. it we could add a note to protocl::{oscar,yahoo,...},
please consider tagging your package with
works-with::{icq,aim,yahoo,...} too (and vice versa of course). They
should probably go to the wiki pages. Alternatively we could have a new
section in the vocabulary - something like:

Tag: protocol::oscar
Tagging-hints:
 Please consider tagging your package with works-with::im:licq
 or works-with::im:aim

Yeah, I really prefer this idea, because it make the information
available for the tagging tools.

Best regards

Ben