[Debtags-devel] Protocols patch, complete

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Sat Nov 19 09:45:12 UTC 2005

Benjamin Mesing schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> isn't it great when only one guy is doing the work. Now there is at
> least one consistent part in the vocabulary ;-)
>
> Anyways, great work! Didn't read everything though, but it looks good.
>

> A note towards tagging guidelines: Enrico, you said, that you'd prefer
> to have tagging hints in the vocabulary itself. Mostly I agree with you,
> however there is some information that should be displayed only for
> tagging. E.g. it we could add a note to protocl::{oscar,yahoo,...},
> please consider tagging your package with
> works-with::{icq,aim,yahoo,...} too (and vice versa of course). They
> should probably go to the wiki pages. Alternatively we could have a new
> section in the vocabulary - something like:
>
> Tag: protocol::oscar
> Tagging-hints:
>  Please consider tagging your package with works-with::im:licq
>  or works-with::im:aim

I think this could be handled via "Implies:", but I have to admit, to my own
shame, that I don't know whether this is actually handled by libtagcoll or only
a comment in the tagset.
In this case, works-with::im:{aim,icq} would imply protocol::oscar.

Apart from that, I agree with you that we should keep the tagging info apart
from the description itself. Again, my knowledge about the internals of
libtagcoll is too limited, and I don't know how much work it would be to include
a further info fields.

> Yeah, I really prefer this idea, because it make the information
> available for the tagging tools.
Exactly, and it hides the information from the normal users that just want to
know about a tag.

best greetings

Torsten

- --
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net