[Debtags-devel] Cool AJAX Package Search!

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:09:13 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 02:11:36PM -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
>
> > That looks great. FYI, i was thinking in how convert the tags to
> > Google Base, adding short package description and vocabulary
> > description too. I did some initial tests that is already there, but
> > not like the cool current interface yet. I'll report back the
> > progress.
>
> Having no idea of what is Google Base, I googled a bit and found a few
> links that I'm posting for convenience:
>
>   http://base.google.com/base/about.html
>   http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/16/0626247&from=rss

Hi

Well the point is, start searching for 'linux' and after that you can
refine your search through "tags" (labels in their vocabulary), like
'jobs' and there you go.

You can upload your own content, so i started preparing a bulk upload
with a small set of packages and its tags. There are some problems
with my way of upload the stuff that i'll fix this weekend.

My goal is search for 'apt' (e.g) and see 'debtags', after clicking
into debtags, refine my search through package with apt name and/or
apt.* related tags. It seems that actually i can't describe well the
vocabulary, but that's it i'm just testing.

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus at debian.org>