[Debtags-devel] [RFC] mailing list organisation

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 25 15:26:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 01:24:46PM -0500, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > So, to cut it short into something practical, in a couple of days I'll
> > remove the [debtags-devel] subject tag unless someone needs it.
> It has the advantage, of being able to see wish ML was sent to (on the
> quick glance). E.g. I collect libapt-front-announce, libapt-front-devel
> and Debtags-devel in the same folder.
> But then its nothing too important to me.

Ehi, that's a good idea filtering them all to the same mailbox.  That's
never occurred to me and now I do the same.

In theory, since debtags-devel is the one with more traffic, removing
the subject tag in that one still leaves the subjects to be non
ambiguous.  We'll see what happens if the need arises to remove the
subject tag in one of the others, but I don't see that coming anytime
soon.

Maybe we could support this merged-list idea officially somehow.  Well,
now I do the same, so I'm sure I'll keep this need in mind :)

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>