[Debtags-devel] Debtags use case

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 13:37:19 UTC 2005

On 10/16/05, Erich Schubert <erich.schubert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > * IRC doesn't have buddy list. IM does.
>
> They have something more useful: channels. What would be a buddy group
> for me is now a channel. I see who is online, but I don't even have to
> add them one-by-one...

If you really think buddy list and channel is same, well, I don't have
much to say. I do believe, whatever their technical potential is,
common IRC usage pattern and common MSN usage pattern is very
distinct, and I think I described how they differ.

Oh, DNS is an IP routing protocol, by the way.

Seo Sanghyeon