[Debtags-devel] Tips collected while approving LOTS of tags

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Fri Oct 28 23:14:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

though I think it's a good idea for *-doc and *-data packages not to
share the tags of the main package, I want to point out the implication
this has on what we call the "related" packages (relation defined on the
distance between the tagsets). The result will be that gimp and gimp-doc
are not very strongly related (if at all).
Additionally thinking this further even plugins (like for XMMS) will not
be very strongly related to the main applications.
I think the word "related" is misleading. Related packages are not
really _related_, but _similar_ to another package.

Ok, problably this should have gone into an own thread...

Greetings Ben