[Debtags-devel] Tags for C#/.NET

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Mon Oct 31 12:20:32 UTC 2005

Erich Schubert schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>Personally, I would have liked langdevel::dotnet-cli best, but in the light of
>>the trademark issue, I'd go for langdevel::clr.
>

> What is the situation for ::mono-cli? Or is mono csharp-only?
> or maybe use ::vm-cli - for virtual machine.

Hi,

langdevel::mono-cli is possible. Although mono includes a C# compiler only, it
should be able to run any CIL code (Boo runs on Mono, IronPython does etc). But
then again, mono-cli is to exclusive and it should rather be mono-clr, since CLI
is the specification, and what Mono/.NET are implementations (=CLR) of it.

best regards

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858