[Debtags-devel] Tags for C#/.NET

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Oct 31 11:54:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:20:32PM +0100, Torsten Marek wrote:

> langdevel::mono-cli is possible. Although mono includes a C# compiler only, it
> should be able to run any CIL code (Boo runs on Mono, IronPython does etc). But
> then again, mono-cli is to exclusive and it should rather be mono-clr, since CLI
> is the specification, and what Mono/.NET are implementations (=CLR) of it.

I've gotten a bit of a headache with all interdependencies, but what I
can suggest is to pickup one commonly understood name that could
encompass them all and forget about technical correctness, up to some
point.

Besides this, langdevel is about languages to work with, so I take it
that one would find a tag to address C# and that IronPython would be
langdevel::python.  If we want to also target the CLI platform, that
would probably fit in devel.

How about targeting arch-specific development?

  devel::arch:embedded
    arm, binutils-h8300-hms, binutils-m68hc1x
  devel::arch:win32
    mingw32
  devel::arch:jvm
    jikes