[Debtags-devel] Uploading new debtags packages

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Sep 2 12:05:49 UTC 2005

Hello everyone and especially Benjamin,

There's this big update of debtags things, including libapt-front,
that's waiting, blocked on apt's bug #321799.

It's been 3 long weeks we're waiting for an upload of apt that fixes
#321799, and it's just not happening.  I sent a patch, mvo made an
updated package, everything is ready for the upload, but mdz isn't
neither doing it nor allowing mvo to do it.  I'm sincerely pissed.

The day the new apt is finally uploaded, we can proceed with uploading
the new toolchain and finally also prepare a new upload for
packagesearch, which has unfortunately been uninstallable for a long
time because of the QT transition.  And now the QT transition is done.

Benjamin, when this is unblocked and the new debtags toolchain is up, I
want to help you port packagesearch to the new API.

In the meantime, I have been playing with:
the results however have not yet shown up in the web interface.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>