Re: [Debtags-devel] Uploading new debtags packages

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Fri Sep 2 14:09:47 UTC 2005

Hello,

> Hello everyone and especially Benjamin,
I am currently a little bit off the line, with only a webinterface for
computer access. Thats why I didn't fix packagesearch yet. However I have
had a lot of time, to do packagesearch reprogramming. So on my laptop lies a
whole bunch of changes to it, mainly including the QT4 transition (I don't
know what the trolls meant to do with this piece of shit, everything has
gone worse in this release :-(
I think compared to the QT4 transition, poprting to the new debtags will
mean only a little work. However it still might take some time until I get
my laptop on the net.
My location for the next couple of month is in Montreal/Canada and I am
really enjoying myself. That's also why I've been not participating in the
lists discussions...

> There's this big update of debtags things, including libapt-front,
> that's waiting, blocked on apt's bug #321799.
>
> It's been 3 long weeks we're waiting for an upload of apt that fixes
> #321799, and it's just not happening.  I sent a patch, mvo made an
> updated package, everything is ready for the upload, but mdz isn't
> neither doing it nor allowing mvo to do it.  I'm sincerely pissed.
>
> The day the new apt is finally uploaded, we can proceed with uploading
> the new toolchain and finally also prepare a new upload for
> packagesearch, which has unfortunately been uninstallable for a long
> time because of the QT transition.  And now the QT transition is done.
>
> Benjamin, when this is unblocked and the new debtags toolchain is up, I
> want to help you port packagesearch to the new API.
That sounds nice. I only use some minimum of functionality, including
accessing the vocabulary, finding related packages, and searching by tags.

> In the meantime, I have been playing with:
> the results however have not yet shown up in the web interface.
I have received an email regarding this blocking for packagesearch.

Greetings,

Benjamin