[Debtags-devel] First packaging issue for the new comaintainance team

Thaddeus H. Black t at b-tk.org
Mon Sep 12 11:42:30 UTC 2005

> The good news this time is that I'm not alone anymore in solving this
> mess and we can work it out in a team.  What do you think of this
> situation?

Happily for me, I am not involved in this particular mess, nor do I have
experience packaging libraries; so please feel free to throw a wet towel
and an old tomato at me and to ignore me.  My question is, if libtool is
causing this mess, then must we use libtool and the other autotools?
What would happen if we didn't?

(If the answer were, "It's complicated, but I don't think that it would
be a good idea to abandon libtool," then I could accept the answer
without further explanation.)