[Debtags-devel] Re: First packaging issue for the new comaintainance team

Peter Rockai (mornfall) me at mornfall.net
Tue Sep 13 07:05:39 UTC 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 23:59, Enrico Zini wrote:
> In the meantime, Mornfall created a cdbs class that does the double
> build.  It should work for libapt-front; I don't know if it works for
> tagcoll since tagcoll would also create the tagcoll package and not just
> static libraries.
The cdbs class doesn't touch anything but configure/build/install parts of the
process. The normal build installs into debian/tmp, the -fPIC one into
debian/pic-tmp, then the libraries from DEB_PIC_LIBS are renamed and edited;
you only need to mention the _pic.{a,la} files in respective .install files.
The rest of debian/pic-tmp can be discarded. This should also work for
bindings that need to link with -fPIC static lib, since in your debian/rules,
you can change variables depending on -fPIC/non-PIC build, so you can attach
--with(out)-bindings for the right one.

The class still needs some debugging/tuning though, it's not perfect yet :).

As for editing the .la files, i will think about leaving that on the upstream
build system somehow, but i can't think of anything too straightforward right
now.

Yours,
   Peter.

--
Peter Rockai | me()mornfall!net | prockai()redhat!com | +421907533216