Tag for sound files?

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Sat Dec 9 16:04:35 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 06:11:09PM +0900, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> Debian now has quite a lot of packages made entirely of sound files.
> What would be the tag to represent these?

It would be made-of::data:audio, or :sounds, if we had it.

The made-of:: facet is in need of a bit of maintenance - now that
its language subsection is gone there's notheing there but
made-of::data:*, so we should be thinking about migrating it to
data::* or contains::* or plain made-of:: or something.

> When there are several packages for many languages, I only included a
> package for one language. Package list is not exhaustive.

They all look like plausible candidates for contains::sounds or
data::audio or whatever.

(If we do reorganise these, can I ask for ::icons to become the
slightly more general ::images, so it covers grub-splashimages and
the like?  Oh, and nothing's made-of::data:vrml - is that tag ever
likely to be used?)
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)