Tag for sound files?

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 02:46:44 CET 2006

2006/12/10, Justin B Rye <jbr at edlug.org.uk>:
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 06:11:09PM +0900, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> > Debian now has quite a lot of packages made entirely of sound files.
> > What would be the tag to represent these?
>
> It would be made-of::data:audio, or :sounds, if we had it.
>
> The made-of:: facet is in need of a bit of maintenance - now that
> its language subsection is gone there's notheing there but
> made-of::data:*, so we should be thinking about migrating it to
> data::* or contains::* or plain made-of:: or something.

Here is my proposal.

1. Move made-of::data:* to data::*.
2. Add data::sound, data::music, data::voice.

These 3 categories are clearly separable. "sound" is as in "sound
effect", like ding.wav, chime.wav in Microsoft Windows. "music" is for
background musics or song tracks. "voice" is for VoIP prompts,
language teaching samples, TTS data, etc.

Or, we could go for data::audio and subtags for it, as "audio = sound
+ music + voice".

--
Seo Sanghyeon