edit-tips.html errata

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Dec 20 16:26:04 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 10:56:18AM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:

> Patch to the HTML attached, annotated "patch" of the dumped version
> inlined.  Okay, I should probably be going through svn, but bear in
> mind that I can't tell one end of a version control system from
> another.

Thanks, I've applied the patch.  I really appreciated the annotations.

> I haven't touched the culture::* tip.  But if culture::italian means
> spellchecker-localisation packages such as witalian etc (rather than
> meaning that an app comes with Italian error messages, manpages and
> so on), why then is there still no tag for wbritish?

There should definitely be.  I'd like to double-check the name with you
as I tend to confuse the various ways the UK is split and aggregated.

Tag: culture::british

and, I'd say, while I'm at it I should also add:

Tag: culture::usa

...for things like wamerican, maybe dopewars, and possibly other
packages particularly tied to USA culture.

I went with USA because American would include all the Americas, and
North America would AFAIK include also Canada and Mexico.  I don't know
if there's a better word.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>