edit-tips.html errata

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Thu Dec 21 08:45:51 CET 2006

Enrico Zini wrote:
> Tag: culture::british
>
> and, I'd say, while I'm at it I should also add:
>
> Tag: culture::usa
>
> ...for things like wamerican, maybe dopewars, and possibly other
> packages particularly tied to USA culture.
>

> I went with USA because American would include all the Americas, and
> North America would AFAIK include also Canada and Mexico.  I don't know
> if there's a better word.

Well, culture::british and culture::american would match what the
spellcheckers call themselves, but it's a real problem.  If you ask
me, a "culture" facet is a bad idea in the first place - we should
just be using l(ocalizatio)n::en-us etc.  But I'll be able to resist
arguing the point for at least the next week (because I won't be
here).
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)