[proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Feb 19 19:43:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 20:33 -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> - add junior::core for 'core' junior packages (the ones we consider to
> be mature and 'best of breed')
> - add junior::extra for 'extra' junior packages (everything else)
> - add junior::early for children in early stages of development (not
> fully developed reading/typing/mousing skills)

Re-reading the debtags doc, it occurs to me that early is not mutually
exclusive with core & extra, so it doesn't belong here.  Perhaps what we
really need is:

junior::priority::core
junior::priority::extra

and

junior::level::early
(though we'd need some more levels in there to make a complete category)

I'm not happy with this, though.  It's ambiguous.  "Level of
development" is what I'm trying to express.  I'm trying to steer clear
of tying it to specific ages and/or grades because every child matures
at a different rate.  Please give some thought to how we can make a
category (or more than one category, if that is any easier or more
effective) that is useful for locating packages for children at
different levels of development that addresses these concerns.

Ben