[proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Feb 7 00:39:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 20:33 -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I think these three tags, in conjunction with the others, are sufficient
> to classify any piece of software in Debian Jr. better even than my
> metapackage classification.

Sorry, I was too vague about this.  Specifically, if I want Debian Jr.
'core' materials that are arcade games, I only need to select:

junior::core and game::arcade

If I want all 'extra' jr arcade games, I select:

junior::extra and game::arcade

That is, by using other, non-junior-specific tags in conjunction with
the three tags junior::core, junior::extra and junior::early, we have
everything we need to give us even more flexibility than metapackages
could give us, more consistency with the rest of Debian, and less burden
of classification on the debian-jr project.

Ben