Redoing tasksel using debtags

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:01:58 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> (...)
>
> In short, the news is: all the data are in place to write a tasksel
> replacement using debtags.
>
> Ideas for making a better tasksel using debtags?

Hi Enrico,

I'm too busy right now with other stuff, but this idea sounds great. I
would like to suggest the obvious and involve debian-custom on it too.

I've talked with Otavio about enhancements to tasksel too, but nothing
debtags related, i need to spend some time writing a proposal. Btw,
the idea was basically add more (desktop, cdd, laptop) tasks but just
under some conditions. E.g: Add a GNOME task, if the user is
installing from network. I think it's easier than rewrite stuff to use
debtags, but i cited it here just to put this possibility on your mind
too.

Cheers,
Gustavo Franco - <stratus at debian.org>