If I do tagging, will it be used?

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Fri Jul 28 09:37:32 UTC 2006

Peter Rockai wrote:
> Those role::foo:bar -> role::foo, scope::bar changes are all done, they were
> scripted and mass-submitted to the central server.

Okay, so now debtags.alioth.debian.org is up to date while
'http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debtags/tagdb/tags?op=file&rev=0&sc=0'
says the tags database is still full of role::foo:bar...

And after a fresh debtags update, my vocabulary list in
/var/cache/debtags/debtags.alioth.debian.org_tags_vocabulary.gz
doesn't know about the new role::foo tags used in
/var/cache/debtags/debtags.alioth.debian.org_tags_tags-current.gz
... so for instance:

 $ zgrep ^leave: /var/cache/debtags/debtags.alioth*tags-current.gz
 leave: use::timekeeping, role::program, scope::utility
 $ debtags tag ls leave
 use::timekeeping

Does this work for people running the Sid version of debtags?
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)