vocabulary structure

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 22:49:06 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'd really want to keep the option of filtering out all stuff written
in PHP... ;-)

No, we should keep the "implemented-in" information separate from
"useful for developing in". Thats two very different things.

Implemented-in can serve many different uses. For example, someone
might look for a package to customize to his needs, then he'll really
be interested in the implemented-in information, not all of which is
obvious from the dependencies.

And others will want to hide all devel:: packages, when they don't
intend to do any development. But hiding C dev packages probably
shouldn't hide all apps written in C.

Oh, and I'd try to keep the number of facets low. Maybe the tags
shouldn't be in made-of, but maybe this is actually useful... maybe we
even need more hierarchy than the current face::group:tag structure.
But it has shown to be valueable to not nest too much, or not to do
too many facets.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\