Hand-approving changes from the central database

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Mar 2 15:24:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've been hand-approving various changes from the central database, but
there's still quite some work to do.

I tried to automate the process a bit.  I created a nice interactive
script that will automate everything possible and try to ease everything
else.

It's all (reviewed tag archive and script) at:

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debtags/tagdb

the script currently needs the new tagcoll that I still haven't uploaded
in unstable.  You can get it from
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debtags/tagcoll/trunk and it's just a
matter of:
  autoreconf -i
  fakeroot debian/rules binary
  dpkg -i ../tagcoll_1.6-1_i386.deb

The automated interactive script is called 'process'. After you've been
doing some work with it, you'll find it's written a trace of your work
in two directories: 'approved' and 'corrections'.  You can share the
contents of those directories here in the list, so that others won't
have to redo the work you did.

I'm attaching the current contents of those two directories here.

After hand approving something you need to commit the file tagdb back
into the repository: process won't do it for you.

This is my best attempt so far at making the task manageable.  It still
isn't enough.  We really need something like signed mails to the central
archive.  Reworking the central archive is probably going to be the next
step.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>