[proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 13:56:02 UTC 2006

Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Definitely I agree, I also think "suite" suites (:)) more than "task",
> but  the clash with  dak terminology still  holds. Maybe explaining in
> some  document the  difference of  the  two uses of   "suite" would be
> enough to avoid confusion.

It seems to me that dak's the one in the wrong here, but obviously
it's too late to fix that to use "branch"...

How about changing the debtags "suite::" facet to "project::" - it
works neatly for project::gnome, ::debian-med, etc.

On the other hand, it doesn't suit the gkrellm-plugin packages etc.
Yes, in an ideal world it would make sense for those to be handled
via Enhances: control-fields instead of via debtags, but it would be
a pity to throw out all that existing tag information while the
developers show so little enthusiasm for Enhances:.

(Can anyone suggest a way of promoting the use of Enhances:, other
than by pelting people with wishlist bugreports?)
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)