New game tags

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Nov 8 15:34:36 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:04:03PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On mer, 2006-11-08 at 09:53 +0000, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > I like the idea of tagging time on a different axis, and I think
> > game::real-time and game::turn-based are the simplest/clearest options.
> What are the objections to Peter's proposal of game::time:real and
> game::time::turn-based. I like that because it shows that the two facets
> are related, while in yours proposal turn-based and real-time might be
> completely unrelated.

The objection is that I do not want to exaggerate introducing too much
formalism.  I don't think the game::* facet without grouping would
currently be confusing, so I'd apply the YouArentGonnaNeedIt[1] pattern
and defer grouping until when we have more things to group.

[1] http://c2.com/xp/YouArentGonnaNeedIt.html
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>