Web editor improvements, and added tips page

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Nov 24 14:26:36 CET 2006

Hello,

I added a nice feature to the web editor: it can now give random tips.

It's a simple addition, but it now makes many things possible:

 * it gives us a way to communicate to the occasional taggers;
 * it does not leave us helpless in front of common mistakes, and now we can
   give suggestions on how to avoid them;
 * it gives us a better place than the list archives to collect tagging tips.

Justin (and others who do a lot of tagging work: if you happen to
conceive some tip to add, please send it to the list or add it to the
edit-tips.html page[1]: we now have a good place for it.

I also tried to tidy up the interface of the web editor as much as I
could, but I have mixed feelings about it.  Help me out: make a draft
HTML-only prototype of how the interface could be improved, and send it
to the list.

[1] http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit-tips.html
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>