use::developing

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Nov 28 19:25:44 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:58:20AM +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > 20:52 #ekhis < bmesing> hmm, what's the use for a JDK?
> > 20:52 #ekhis < bmesing> There is no use:developing available as far as I see.
> > I'm in favour of such a tag.  The idea came out (again) recently in the
> > list:
> >   http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2006-November/001422.html
> > It's the second time it came out, and I'm starting to consider that even
> > if in the previous thread we didn't reach a consensus on it, I should
> > just add it.
> I agree. Otherwise the use::axis is incomplete in an important area.
> However, one problem might be naming this tag. As mornfall points out in
> the thread you mention, "to develop" has a lot of meanings
> (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/develop). Perhaps the full tag name could
> be somewhat more descriptive?
> Perhaps: "Software Development" - though this might imply something to
> big.
> Hmm, looking at the devel:: facet, we could use its description for the
> use::devel tag, which is indeeed "Software Development".

After looking at the dictionary, I think use::developing is ok.  Then it
could even be used besides software development, like for example with
field::electronics, or for game sdk (use::development + game::adventure).

So I intend to add this in a couple of days:

  Tag: use::developing

> Feel free to quote me on debtags-devel.

/me waves :)

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>