Which DebTag for Debian-Med ?

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Jan 8 07:07:53 CET 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

> There were some discussions some time ago, but if I remember correctly,
> they did not lead to some consensus. Now that Debtags are getting more
> widespread, it is time to add a Debian-Med stamp on the packages we are
> interested in.
>
> For the ending of the tag, I think that it would be very useful to have
> the name of the metapackage. Something such as ::med::bio, or
> ::med::imaging. But how about the beginning of the tag?
>
> cdd::med:: ?
> suite::debian::med ?
> debian-med:: ?
>
> Apparently, other CDDs are not behaving the same way. debian-junior has
> its own facet, but debian-edu uses suite::debian for two of its
> packages...

Thanks for bringing this up again.  If I remember right at some point
in time we agreed to suite::debian-med:{bio,imaging,...} but I'm not
definitely sure.  At least I tagged some of my packages (when I had
anonther reason for an upload) in the control file:

   Source: fastdnaml
   XB-Tag: suite::debian-med:bio, legacy::science, made-of::lang:c

   Source: fastlink
   XB-Tag: suite::debian-med:bio, legacy::science, made-of::lang:c

   Source: molphy
   XB-Tag: suite::debian-med:bio, legacy::science, made-of::lang:c, made-of::lang:perl

   Source: tree-puzzle
   XB-Tag: suite::debian-med:bio, legacy::science, made-of::lang:c

This was after Enrico Zini asked for testing the tagging feature in the
control file.  I've got no response and thus I have no idea whether this
was correct.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--