Debian Tag Browser on debian.vitavonni.de, bug with "debtags update" on etch?

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Tue Jul 3 15:03:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

"Erich Schubert" <erich.schubert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> http://debtags.vitavonni.de/ isn't using the latest data anymore IIRC.
> Well, I think we've setup some sync, but it likely isn't complete.

Ah, in this case, please remove references to
http://debtags.vitavonni.de/ from
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/paper-debtags.html, or at least write
it is out-of-date wherever they appear.

> I recommend using
>  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/ssearch.html
> and
>  http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cloud/
> instead. They are a lot better (and using the new database).

OK.

> The situation you listed likely is a consequence of the incomplete
> synchronization.
> The package browser on vitavonni.de doesn't know about facets.
> Instead, it emulates facets by treating them like tags on their own.
> Now if you add "culuture::foobar", this will also add a tag "culture"
> in the old DB. Removing it will however not remove the "culture" tag
> again, that's how this situation probably arose.

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation.

> As for your "debtags update" question, I'll let Enrico reply to that one.

I'd tend to say it is a bug in the version of debtags from etch, because
I tried the very same thing in my sid chroot and there it worked fine.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

--
Florent