New tag proposal: 'can host programs using the freedesktop.org system tray protocol'

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Nov 8 15:05:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 10:45:56PM +0000, Sam Morris wrote:

> Someone asked me today how they could use Gnome's nm-applet from inside
> a non GNOME or KDE window manager. I couldn't find a tag that indicated
> that a package could host such system tray icons, so I suggest one be
> added.
> I'm not sure what to call it, of course... x11::systray-host perhaps?

Have a look at: http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/faq.html#what-makes-a-tag-good-for-being-added-to-the-vocabulary

At the moment, I can't think of a facet where this would fit.  Besides,
do we have more than 6 or 7 packages that can do that?

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>