tags suggestions

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Aug 18 13:02:14 UTC 2008

Enrico Zini dixit:

>Giving more thinking to it, how about use::programming?  That would be
>nice and broad, and cover a whole area that isn't currently covered by
>use::* tags.  Or possibly use::development (for Software or Hardware
>Development): that would somehow cover the uses that are then
>categorised in more detail with devel::* tags.

Sure, why not?

>I'm pondering devel::lang:posix-sh, or devel::lang:sh-posix : comments?

devel::lang:posix-shell maybe, it reads better.

>> interface::plugin or something similar: no interface, just providing
>> some kind of API/ABI (use: e.g. almost all CPAN modules)
>
>I wouldn't do that: it'd mean that they have no user interface: in that
>case, you just don't use a tag from interface::*.

Okay.

>> made-of::data:pod ⇒ Documentation in perlpod(1) format
>
>Do we have more than 6/7 packages mostly consisting of POD
>documentation?

As I have understood made-of::data:man these tags don’t mean „consists
mostly of documentation in «foo» format“ but “contains documentation
in «foo» format” – at least the automatic thing suggested me to use
made-of::data:man for mksh, and for libbsd-arc4random-perl the pod
equivalent was just missing, so I suggested it.

Please correct me if I’m wrong and made-of::data:man only applies to
manpage collections.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant