tags suggestions

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Fri Aug 22 19:14:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 01:02:14PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> >I'm pondering devel::lang:posix-sh, or devel::lang:sh-posix : comments?
> devel::lang:posix-shell maybe, it reads better.

Deal!  Added.

> >> made-of::data:pod ⇒ Documentation in perlpod(1) format
> >Do we have more than 6/7 packages mostly consisting of POD
> >documentation?
> As I have understood made-of::data:man these tags don’t mean „consists
> mostly of documentation in «foo» format“ but “contains documentation
> in «foo» format” – at least the automatic thing suggested me to use
> made-of::data:man for mksh, and for libbsd-arc4random-perl the pod
> equivalent was just missing, so I suggested it.
> Please correct me if I’m wrong and made-of::data:man only applies to
> manpage collections.

I would say that it's only useful if it applies to packages that mostly
consist of manpage collections: otherwise, by debian policy each and
every single role::program package should also be made-of::data:man
because they're mandated to contain manpages.

(...which suggests me a new autotag euristic: if it has files in /bin or
 /usr/bin, it's likely to be role::program, but this is another topic...)

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>