tags suggestions

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Sat Aug 23 22:18:03 UTC 2008

Enrico Zini dixit:

>> >I'm pondering devel::lang:posix-sh, or devel::lang:sh-posix : comments?
>> devel::lang:posix-shell maybe, it reads better.
>
>Deal!  Added.

Ok, good. Thanks.

>> Please correct me if I’m wrong and made-of::data:man only applies to
>> manpage collections.
>
>I would say that it's only useful if it applies to packages that mostly
>consist of manpage collections: otherwise, by debian policy each and
>every single role::program package should also be made-of::data:man
>because they're mandated to contain manpages.

Hmm, interesting. (In fact, there are some, at least in etch, which
violate the policy.)

Anyway, what's the general opinion regarding made-of::data:man then?
Me thinks that, if it applies to programmes with nroff documentation,
made-of::data:pod would make sense.

>(...which suggests me a new autotag euristic: if it has files in /bin or
> /usr/bin, it's likely to be role::program, but this is another topic...)

Indeed…

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant