debtags for wnpp bugs?

Luca Brivio luca.brivio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 17:46:00 UTC 2008

Alle 16:25, ven 29 febbraio 2008, Erich Schubert ha scritto:
> I don't think debtags is the right way to categorize WNPP.
> It's just too much effort for too little benefits IMHO.

Yeah, I meant something alike...

> (I didn't check that : is a valid character for usertags)

It isn't, AFAICS, anyway we can just use "..".

> But let me just point out that it would make more sense to just use a
> specialized set of tags designed specifically for managing WNPP.

I do agree on this. However I think they could be mostly derived from debtags'
ones. This would also help to have debtags for new packages.

> You could probably use the "user name" wnpp at bugs.debian.org

Seems like the right "login" for these tags. (Where are emails to
wnpp at bugs.debian.org forwarded?)

> and use the Wiki to specify which usertags are appropriate.

OK.

> Of course there will be some overlap with Debtags tags, but I bet
> there will be a couple of useful tags for WNPP that won't have a
> Debtags equivalence.

This is what I'd guess, too.

Now we should move the discussion to -devel at l.d.o., at least in order to have
broader feedback! Feel free to do it yourself/selves if you have more time
than me in next 48 hours! (Finally, it would be nice to have one "user"
reserved by policy.)

Cheers,
--
Luca