works-with-format for bioinformatics

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 19:04:12 UTC 2008

2008/11/15 Stefano Zacchiroli <zack at debian.org>:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 01:18:32PM -0800, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> The following two tags are required (but missing currently) for the
>> field of bioinformatics.
>
> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/faq.html#what-makes-a-tag-good-for-being-added-to-the-vocabulary
>
> Please provide the data suggested by the FAQ reported above.

I just found the tag biology::format:fasta. How does this differ from
the nonexistant tag works-with-format::fasta? Why is the first
separator two colons (::) and the second separator a single colon (:)?
Seems arbitrary.

biology::format:fastq is also needed. maq, for example, reads FASTQ
format and not FASTA format. It's an important distinction.

Cheers,
Shaun