x11::xserver

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Thu May 7 19:02:14 UTC 2009

> > I'd say that x11::xserver is a package providing an X server, that is,
> > something that X clients can connect to.  I guess that covers whatever
> > gives us /usr/bin/X, xnest, xephyr and probably not many others.
>
> Which would fail our minimum package count requirement for a tag.
> However, for completeness of the facet I would vote to leave it there.
>
> Or we could change the (short) description to "X Server and Drivers". In
> fact I would be in favour of this solution.

If there are no objections in the next couple of days, I am going to
modify the vocabulary accordingly (i.e. x11::xserver gets the short
description "X Server and Drivers", long description "X servers and
drivers for the X server (input and video)") and perform the neccessary
tagging to reach a consistent state.

Best regards

Ben