New tags proposals

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Mar 22 11:34:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 07:48:38PM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:

> Oh not an issue, tagging the packages will be a fun 5 minutes job :)
> When will the new tags be available for tagging? (no hurry of course)

They should already be: the website maintenance runs at least twice a
day.

> > I've added them. I have a duty however to point out that the
> > culture::* tags are deprecated in favour of something better.
> > Currently, part of 'something better' are the iso15924::* tags, and
> > the other part of something better still hasn't been found :(
>
> Yes, I read the problems that "culture" represent; culture tags could be
> easily mass-migrated later to other new tags, when they are available,
> no?

Yes. Not necessarily 'easily', especially if they are split in multiple
facets: iso15924 for example is only one part of what 'culture'
represents. They can surely at least serve as references for such a
migration.

GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>