New tags proposals

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 21 18:48:38 UTC 2011

Alle lunedì 21 marzo 2011, Enrico Zini ha scritto:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:22:00PM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > I have been debtagging packages since a couple of years or so,
> > using the web interface, and collecting proposals for what I think
> > they could be new tags.
> > (PS: I'm not subscribed, so please CC me on replies)
>
> I've added all your tags, but did not tag the apps you list. You can
> easily do this mass tagging using 'debtags tag' and 'debtags send',
> or if you have trouble doing so, let me know and I'll see what I can
> do.

Oh not an issue, tagging the packages will be a fun 5 minutes job :)
When will the new tags be available for tagging? (no hurry of course)

> Some remarks:
> > tag: culture::galician
> > tag: culture::lithuanian
> > tag: culture::indonesian
>
> I've added them. I have a duty however to point out that the
> culture::* tags are deprecated in favour of something better.
> Currently, part of 'something better' are the iso15924::* tags, and
> the other part of something better still hasn't been found :(

Yes, I read the problems that "culture" represent; culture tags could be
easily mass-migrated later to other new tags, when they are available,
no?

> > Plus there are a couple of tags which would not reach 6 users, but
> > IMHO they would be worth to be added:
> >
> > tag: works-with-format::epub
>
> Indeed, I'm including it anyway given the rather significant use case
> of ebook readers, which are important these days.

Yes, that's why I proposed it, ebook readers/handlers are becoming
popular these days. (I have also few more ebook-related works-with-
format tags, but I will wait to gather more packages for them.)

Thanks!
--
Pino Toscano