[UDD] Debtags importer broken

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu May 26 11:34:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 01:20:11PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > Well, that might be true - but there are working clones of UDD around.
>
> Yes; I can alsoset up temporary export scripts on samosa and then make
> their output reach alioth somehow; or I can add an ad-hoc plugin to DDE
> just for what I need; but I don't want to spend hours setting up
> something that I'll have to tear down once they fix UDD form Alioth
> (maybe tonight or tomorrow?), if I can avoid it.

What my clone concerns I'd think it is not a burning issue.  The visible
effect is that on pages like this

    http://blends.debian.net/science/tasks/astronomy

all packages are featuring the "Go tagging" request.  I do not think
that it is worth spending extra time into a temporary workaround because
{blends,debian-med}.debian.net is an *inofficial* service and the
official pages on alioth are not updated anyway currently (because of
other UDD issues).  So please stay relaxed.

I was just wondering about possible future problems with DebTags exports
which might have less influence if the old data might be conserved in
UDD instead of deleting them if there is a broken import file.  If
nobody insists I might implement this into the importer.  To test this a
working http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/debtags/tagdb/tags
(backup of old data whatever) at any downloadable place would be
helpful.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--