State of the mailing list

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 11:55:57 UTC 2013

Hello Enrico,
For what I can tell, half of the messages could be filed as bug
reports against a virtual package. "debtags" is already a real
package, but we could call "debtags-vocabulary" a virtual package akin
to "wnpp" and have people file bugs there. It does make sense to use
the bugtracking for vocabulary requests.

Then I don't think we really need the mailing list any longer, and
things could be moved to d-project or d-devel. When someone wants to
e.g. reengineer debtags, we can still re-create a list "debtags-v2"
for those interested.

Regards,
Erich

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a hard time finding the time to moderate this list. The spam
> traffic is higher than the legitimate mail traffic, and all the time I
> can devote to the list is devoted figthing moderation emails.
>
> Can you think of a way out?
>
> All I could think of so far is this:
>
>  1. we move to debian-project
>  2. we move to debian-devel
>  3. we keep this list as it is, but someone else maintains it
>

> Ciao,
>
> Enrico
>
> --
> GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>