How can I clean the cache of debtorrent?

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:08:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Simon Pepping <spepping at leverkruid.eu> wrote:
> I would rather clean packages older that a certain date. I did
>
> /etc/init.d/debtorrent-client stop
> find /var/cache/debtorrent -not -type d -ctime +15 -delete
> /etc/init.d/debtorrent-client start
>
> But that did not achieve the desired result. After startup some of the
> deleted packages were refetched. Apparently I also have to tell
> debtorrent that those packages are not needed any more.
>
> Any suggestion how I can improve on this effort?

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but I think if you also remove the
/var/cache/debtorrent/.DebTorrent directory and do an apt-get update
after the restart then it won't try to refetch the removed packages.
You just need to make sure that the packages that are not deleted are
still shared. Check the http://localhost:9988/ page after you apt-get
update to make sure the sizes are not 0.

Cameron