How can I clean the cache of debtorrent?

Simon Pepping spepping at leverkruid.eu
Sat Nov 15 10:10:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 12:08:36PM -0800, Cameron Dale wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure this will work, but I think if you also remove the
> /var/cache/debtorrent/.DebTorrent directory and do an apt-get update
> after the restart then it won't try to refetch the removed packages.
> You just need to make sure that the packages that are not deleted are
> still shared. Check the http://localhost:9988/ page after you apt-get
> update to make sure the sizes are not 0.

Yes, this seems to work. I do this:

/etc/init.d/debtorrent-client stop
find /var/cache/debtorrent -not -type d -ctime +15 -delete
rm -Rf /var/cache/debtorrent/.DebTorrent
/etc/init.d/debtorrent-client start
aptitude update

and the sizes of main_binary-i386 and main_binary-all are non-zero.

The sizes of contrib and non-free are 0, but that is real. These
directories do not even have a pool subdirectory. I suppose that is
created as soon as I install packages from those repositories.

Thanks, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping at leverkruid.eu