[Dehs-devel] dehs welcome

Julian Gilbey jdg@polya.uklinux.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:24:20 +0000

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:16:59PM +0100, Bluefuture wrote:
> Julian Gilbey
> Developer and maintainer of devscripts/uscan. He actually maintain the
> watch format standard.
>
> In this days i had prepared a patch for having dehs formatted data from
> uscan and i had send it to Filippo and Lucas. I the meantime Julian has
> finished, on his own, dehs data output integration in uscan on svn [1].
> He was waiting for reviews before releasing the new version of
> devscripts. Please Julian, could you shortly summarize dehs output
> integration done on uscan in svn?

$ cat /tmp/mftrace.watch
version=3
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/mftrace/mftrace-(.*)\.tar\.gz
$ uscan --dehs --watchfile /tmp/mftrace.watch --package mftrace \
  --upstream-version 1.1.4
<dehs>
<package>mftrace</package>
<debian_uversion>1.1.4</debian_uversion>
<debian_mangled_uversion>1.1.4</debian_mangled_uversion>
<upstream_version>1.1.6</upstream_version>
<upstream_url>http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/mftrace/mftrace-1.1.6.tar.gz</upstream_url>
<status>Newer version available</status>
</dehs>
$

And from the changelog:

devscripts (2.8.12) UNRELEASED; urgency=low

  * [...]
  * uscan: watch files are now version=3 (should have done this with
    2.8.11, oops)
  * uscan: now support DEHS-style output and --watchfile etc options
  * uscan: handle funny upstream version numbers using multiple groups
    (closes: #282255) and version-number mangling, both for upstream
    version numbers (closes: #266095) and Debian version numbers (closes:
    #261385)

 -- Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:41:25 +0000

Question: would you like me to arrange that this list receives copies
of the SVN commit messages whenever uscan.pl or uscan.1 is modified?

I don't have that much time to work on uscan myself in general at the
moment - I had an unexpected day earlier this week in bed.  But good
quality patches are appreciated.

   Julian