[Dehs-devel] dehs welcome

Lucas Wall lwall@debian.org
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:52:16 -0300

--------------enig00B3E7D0BB30CF86B8775C5A

On 03/18/2005 12:41 AM, Bluefuture wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 17-03-2005 alle 23:24 +0000, Julian Gilbey ha scritto:
>=20
>=20
>>Just noticed in the list headers:

>>Note "maling" rather than "mailing" :)
>=20
>=20
> Fixed :)
>=20
>=20
>>Question: would you like me to arrange that this list receives copies
>>of the SVN commit messages whenever uscan.pl or uscan.1 is modified?
>>
>=20
>=20
> It's ok for me. Lucas, Filippo is it ok for you?

Yes, sound good.

>>I don't have that much time to work on uscan myself in general at the
>>moment - I had an unexpected day earlier this week in bed.  But good
>>quality patches are appreciated.
>>
>=20
>=20
> Well, Filippo could you change the output data format and send a patch
> on the list? Lucas do u have in mind a particular standardizing schema
> for uscan --dehs output format?

It seems you have sorted out this already, but FWIW I think XML is a
good choice.

On a similar, but slightly different topic, I think dehs could also have
its data availiable in other formats for the general public. For example
the site could provide a Debian control style file with a snapshot of
the current dehs data. There are tools out there that handle these kind
of files and lots of maintainers that sometimes need to get some
information using simple shell scripts.

K.

--=20
Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>      .''`.
Buenos Aires, Argentina                : :=F8 :   Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.kadath.com.ar               `. `'  http://www.debian.org
PGP: 1024D/84FB46D6                      `-
      5D25 528A 83AB 489B 356A        http://people.debian.org/~lwall
      4087 BC9B 4733 84FB 46D6        mailto:lwall@debian.org