[Dehs-devel] Re: watch file check in lintian

Russ Allbery rra at debian.org
Wed Feb 8 17:44:36 UTC 2006

Bluefuture <bluefuture at email.it> writes:

> As strategy to increase the number of watch files in debian packages[1]
> (actually at 30%) is there any developer that know lintian internal to
> add checks for watch file?

It's straightforward to do, but I think it's a bad idea due to the number
of false positives.  Many non-native packages in Debian have no upstream
source (since upstream is dead) but are still useful and maintained.
There is nothing useful that one can put into the watch file for such
packages, and no way of programmatically distinguishing them from packages
with active upstreams.  That's a lot of lintian overrides to no real
purpose.

--
Russ Allbery (rra at debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>