[Dehs-devel] Re: watch file check in lintian

Bluefuture bluefuture at email.it
Wed Feb 8 22:16:38 UTC 2006

> It's straightforward to do, but I think it's a bad idea due to the number
> of false positives.  Many non-native packages in Debian have no upstream
> source (since upstream is dead) but are still useful and maintained.
> There is nothing useful that one can put into the watch file for such
> packages, and no way of programmatically distinguishing them from packages
> with active upstreams.  That's a lot of lintian overrides to no real
> purpose.

I'm asking to jdg and other devscript developers if is it possible to
support some official excuses in the watch file (and uscan) for example:

version=3
debian-native

or for any other offcially precoded excuses.

For not to cc anymore to everybody we want to follow this disccusion on
debian-devel or debian-qa?

Cheers,
Stefano