[Dehs-devel] xrdp and DEHS

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:43:55 UTC 2008

Hello Vincent,

[CC'ing you just to make sure you get the email, hoping the Reply-To
of your message was wrong].

On 13/02/2008, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?name=xrdp
>
> I get:
>  Upstream Version: 0.4.0
>  Debian Version: 0.4.0~dfsg-4
>
> The watch line is:
> opts=dversionmangle=s/~dfsg$// http://sf.net/xrdp/xrdp-([\d\.]+.*)\.tar\.gz
>
> uscan seems  to strip out  -4 before applying dversionmangle  while DEHS
> seems to keep it. Who is right?

Since many,  (many*$(wc -c < /dev/urandom)), packages ship watch files
which don't strip dfsg and similar repackaging signs DEHS additionally
strips the 'dfsg' part.

After tracking down this weird problem I've found the origin and fixed
it in r110 which is now live.
Thanks for bringing this problem into my attention.

> BTW, qa.debian.org/developer.php  seems to lag  behind DEHS (for  me, it
> has never  been updated since  the new version  of DEHS). Is it  a known
> issue?

What 'new version of DEHS'? [1] clearly shows that it is using the
'latest' .db's available (updated daily).

[1]http://qa.debian.org/data/dehs/