[Dehs-devel] wesnoth: New upstream version available

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 02:20:20 UTC 2008

Hello Gerfried,

On 03/03/2008, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda at deb.at> wrote:
> * Debian External Health System <dehs-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org> [2008-03-03 05:34:47 CET]:
>

>  No, will never consider it - especially not within a few hours time
>  given from the release (which I was part of) to the notification. Please
>  be aware that compiling it and preparing it properly takes a bit more
>  than that, having the notification mails within that short time phase is
>  all but just annoying.

First of all I'd like you to stop talking about the same subject on
different threads so we can keep every bit of the conversation in one
single place.

Other than that I don't feel like repeating, not even quoting, what I
already said on my previous message.

The current consensus is to notify as soon as the new version is detected.
I won't modify the behaviour unless a different consensus is reached.

>  > The source code of version 1.4 by upstream can be found at:
>  > http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.4.tar.bz2
>

>  That's where the watch file points to but it was available from
>  files.wesnoth.org some few hours before that from where I fetched it
>  already.

I see your statement completely irrelevant.
But anyway: it might be possible that the source was available just
one minute or several hours or even days ago, but DEHS only runs
thanks to several cronjobs. So it is up to the moment DEHS checks the
watch file.

>  > For more information please refer to the DEHS report of wesnoth at:
>  > http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?name=wesnoth
>

>  It would (again) still be more than nice to give the maintainers some
>  time, this way I consider it just as a prod and rather think about
>  unsubscribing from the summary tag - which on the other hand does
>  also include the testing migration informations which /is/ useful.

The testing migration emails are sent to the maintainer address and the PTS.

> But
>  one can't have everything... Maybe I should just implement a procmail
>  rule to filter these overquick prods out.

By the way, it may be my perception but might not be: please stop
being rude on the subject and investigate a little further:
It was *NOT* me who decided that the notification should be sent to
the summary tag. If you really consider these notifications useless
feel free to contact the PTS owners and talk about the possibility of
adding a new tag to the PTS as I originally suggested.

So just FYI, if you happen to send any other email in such a way like
you have been doing don't expect me to reply.